
8 months ago we were waiting for this little peanut to enter our world. We were wondering what she would look like and what her voice would sound like. On May 25th, I was already 5 days "late" and although I loved thinking about this sweet babe arriving in her own time, I truly was anxious to hold her and call her by name. To me her name had always been Iris. We played around with other names... Olive, Ivory, Elle, Ivy.. but this little one was always Iris Lorraine. I daydreamed about her name and wrote it out the same way I wrote my soon-to-be married name almost 8 years ago. It sounded fresh and beautiful every time I said it. I am so thankful to be a mama to this girl. These 8 months have literally been the fastest months of my life! I am learning to savor and enjoy every moment and to not take any of it for granted. I am so grateful for my Iris girl. My sweet flower.
No comments:
Post a Comment