
So we've been living this Santa Barbara life for the past month and here are the highs and lows...
Highs:
*Living on State Street - great location, walking distance to Trader Joes, bus stop is right outside our place, and we live up against some gorgeous neighborhoods!
*TREES - There are trees here!!!! I love driving down streets and looking up at the canopy of trees above me! What a joy!
*2844 State Street #6 - We love our place. It's cozy and has personality. We love our hardwood floors and our sweet kitchen. We love sharing a small bathroom. We are thankful for this place and that we can both finally use our bedside tables! :)
*Our sweet girl - On hard days when we feel overwhelmed, Mark and I are quickly reminded of God's goodness and faithfulness to us. We are thankful for the way the Lord uses her to remind us that He is our Provider and that we have so much to be grateful for. She continues to amaze us by her kicking and moving.
*Pinkberry - My new favorite after dinner treat. It's tart yogurt! We had chocolate shavings and strawberries on top last time and it was divine!
*Coffee Cat - Our local Pannikin. :) It's our choice coffeehouse. Lots of students and amazing decaf au laits!
Lows:
*PARKING - I live 5 minutes from work but I have to allow 35 minutes in order to find a spot and walk a few blocks to work. It's a pain.
*The last 2 hours of my work day - back pain, leg cramps, sore feet... I hurt just thinking about it. I feel weird asking for a stool to use during the day but I am getting to the point where it is imperative. I don't want to have this baby on the floor at Anthropologie.
*Spiders - Our apartment seems to be a breeding ground. Not sure where they are coming from but I see them all the time! Mark thinks I am imagining them. :)
*We miss our friends
1 comment:
What a lovely blog; nice to hear how you are feeling and liking your new town.
Post a Comment