
Life has been traveling pretty quickly as of late! In the past 3 months or so we've said goodbye to our Encinitas life, packed up 6.5 years into a uhaul and 2 cars, found out we were having a daughter and just about 2 weeks ago we moved north to Santa Barbara. It's still so surreal to be in a new surrounding and to wake up in the not so familiar. At first, I felt this pressure to make it into something that I had back in Encinitas. I wanted instant community and close friends. I wanted to find all my favorite spots in the first weekend and I wanted to snap my fingers and have the nursery completed. These longings of connection and familiarity are still very real to me at this point in life but I am seeking and wanting to be content in the unfolding. I want to experience life for what it is today instead of living on wishes for around the corner. It's not easy for me but it is refining to say the least. I am confronted with what I truly need rather than what gets me through. I am challenged daily to get on my knees and allow the Lord to meet me. He longs to satisfy what I try to on my own. I need to drink that truth daily.
Kath
1 comment:
love this k... i miss you. always will.
Post a Comment